At Westside Family Health Center we believe good health is more than just treating illness. That's why we stress preventive care and offer a broad range of comprehensive health care services for women, men and children. We also provide referrals and offer programs and services, including dental, mental health and substance abuse, through our community partners.
Among the services offered through our five core programs:
• Family Practice: Provides adult patients with comprehensive medical care, including healthcare, education, nutrition counseling and medication management.
• Prenatal (Blooming Babies): Provides pregnant women with comprehensive prenatal care, including childbirth preparation classes, nutrition counseling and lactation counseling and support, complete with individualized attention and goal-setting.
• Pediatrics (Strong Start): Provides sick-child exams and well-child checkups, school-readiness physicals, recommended immunizations, screenings for lead poisoning, hearing and vision tests, books as part of the pediatric literacy program, and Mother-Infant Groups.
• Reproductive Health Services: Provides family planning (for both men and women) and gynecological services including pregnancy tests, pap smears, mammograms, birth control methods, emergency contraception, sexually transmitted disease screening including one on one counseling and treatment, and anonymous and confidential HIV counseling and testing, as well as services for menopausal women.
• Community Outreach & Education (COE): Provides a wide range of educational presentations and trainings for schools, community agencies, parents/guardians and youth in both English and Spanish. COE houses many programs including, ACA Outreach and Enrollment, Mobile Creating Awareness N’ Teens, which visits five high schools on WFHC’s MMU, and Man Up!, a social support and community-building program for gay men 18 years and older.
Call us at (310) 450-2191 for more information.
Westside Family Health Center is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n). Westside Family Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center receiving partial support for uncompensated care and other services under the 330(e) Community Health Centers and other grant programs of the Health Resources and Services Administration of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.